Thursday, August 11, 2005

CRAZY ASS WEEK!

Monday- Peter Jennings passed away last nite. God rest his soul. It’s amazing how someone is there one minute and the next, they’re gone. Also has made me aware how deadly cancer is how it is of course no respecter of person. I am devastated and truly shocked. America has lost one of it’s greatest news anchors. He’s the only one I’d watch for the nightly news. Really sad… Seems like all the greats are leaving us. First, my favorite actor on my favorite show (Law & Order) Jerry Orbach, dies. No longer will I hear those witty and hilarious one-liners delivered at the crime scene again. Then Luther, I was at a club (11:45) at an event showcasing up and coming Nigerian artistes, when Dare Art-Alade announced the passing of Luther and did a wonderful rendition of “Dance with my Father”. Needless to say the mood changed and most of my friends and I cried at the loss of someone who had been a part of our lives. God bless them all.

Tuesday-
DISCOVERY IS HOME! It’s amazing how even though I am away from America, I am still so patriotic. My eyes still water every time I hear the songs “America The Beautiful” and “The Star-Spangled Banner”. On 4th of July, I was depressed because I was at work so no barbecues for me. I watched Discovery’s landing live and was so excited when it touched down. People didn’t understand why I was so excited and still drew blank when I explained how important this was because of the men and women we had lost when “Columbia” crashed in 2003. WELCOME BACK!
America will always be a part of me and I will always be American deep down in my heart.

Wednesday- THE HYATTES! My goodness so this story came on CNN about this couple who were on some Bonnie & Clyde sh*t. This woman busted her man on his way to prison. What the hell? Then I go and look on the website and they’re also on some Ebony & Ivory sh*t. I know this is a bad time to bring this up but the brotha is a cutie. No wonder he had Ms. Snow-White all loved up…lost her job and married his ass in prison and made him kill an officer of the law. I don’t know how smart they are though. At this rate they’ll catch up to them before the end of week.

Bluefly.com started its semi-annual Blue sale today. Ladies. u can get up to 85% on tons of stuff... SHOES... SHOES and more SHOES...

Thursday- THEY GOT CAUGHT! Bonnie & Clyde Version 3.0 got caught. No surprises there! I say 3.0 because there was the first B & C and then there was Version 2.0 (Jay-z & Beyonce) and now these clowns who thot they could get away with murder. Let’s see how they can be together now. That was some dumb sh*t. I don’t care how bad this sounds, but a sista would never have gotten herself in that situation. She’d have been like “I luv u boo but I got ur back from way over there!” lol “NO! U messed up! Deal with it and do the damn time!”
Kimora Lee Simmons who seems to be spending all her time at the tanning salon nowadays got off with a slap on the wrist. I am so mad at that. A high speed chase and drug possession and all of a sudden the charges were reduced to careless driving. And they say money can’t buy everything…

Friday- IS MY DAY OF LEISURE AND PARTYING! So I’ll give you my ‘unasked for’ opinions over the weekend if I wake up before Monday that is!

Smooches x

1 comment:

Don Chi as Blog Marley a.k.a. El Senor Supremo said...

Hi. Jay-Z & Foxy Brown were Bonnie & Clyde circa '97/'98 and in 1999, Eminem and Hallie Jade were '97 Bonnie & Clyde. Your writings belong on TV ma'am.