Wednesday, August 10, 2005

ONE TRUE LOVE?...OR TWO OR THREE...?

I haven’t fallen off the face of the earth. I will explain my inability to be as frequent in my writing. It’s the same reason every woman changes her routine/ritual which she has sworn by for forever, it’s the same reason you can’t live with but still can’t live without- A MAN...ok not just any man... THE MAN (If I had a dollar for every time I've said that... I'd still be poor) lol
I don’t know if I send out insomniac vibes but I only seem to attract insomniacs like myself. I am the only one that I know you can call at 3am in the morning and I answer the phone like I’m a telephone operator who moonlights at Starbucks! I am always ready for a conversation- with the right person that is. I used to be the one girl-friends will call crying to at all hours in the morning to bitch and moan about their men.


So all I seem to do with my days and more of my nites is talk to Himself discussing everything under the sun or moon in this case.
Eagerly anticipating his return.
I am not famous for my patience.
Neither is he. We’re a match made in heaven..ha!!
Plus the man will walk to the Lancome counter and buy me my mascara and GET the right one. I tell u ladies, if he passes the "run to the store and buy me tampons" test. I will propose! (yikes!)

I’m currently reading ‘Last Chance Saloon’ by Marian Keyes. Love her. I’m one book short of reading all she’s published. Thanks to B who is equally as obsessed, I haven’t had to buy one book even though Marian Keyes deserves my money. Oh I did buy ‘Sushi for Beginners’ but still ended up reading B’s copy (don’t ask!)

Anyway ‘Last Chance…’ is about a group of thirty-something’s, who are childhood friends and of course everyone of them is twisted in some kind of way. It’s a good read. I recommend it. I’ll recommend Ms. Keyes. The only one I couldn’t get my head into was ‘Lucy Sullivan is Getting Married’ I don’t know if that has more to do with the book or my phobia of marriage. The whole concept of ‘happily ever after’ is a bit scary. The EVER AFTER been the part that scares the bajeyzus outta me. It just doesn’t happen!

Monogamy is an unfeasible social concept. There are just too many of us. And how many times have u found “The One”? How many times have you felt so connected to someone? I think people being together and staying together is a personal decision.
I’ve always felt and said love is a decision. So is commitment and fidelity.
Enough of the raving…
My phone’s ringing.. it’s HIM!!
More as and when… x


"Love makes your soul crawl out from it's hiding place"- Zora Neale Hurston

1 comment:

Don Chi as Blog Marley a.k.a. El Senor Supremo said...

Monogamy is indeed not natural. It is supernatural. The King of the Jungle is always surrounded by how many Lionesses?