Sunday, December 03, 2006

HORSING AROUND (Life List #1)


So I mentioned my life list a little earlier. In my quest to finding myself (though I am slowing realizing that I may never be found) I have a life list that I have sworn I will complete before I die. Usually, people have lists like "Things I want to do before I'm 40" but I've got a LIFE list because Reason 1- I'm a procastinator and Reason 2- I AM a procastinator plus there are some things on there that I like to see as a lifestyle change.

As you know I've got mad love for dogs. My love for animals goes in this order; dogs, horses and then men ;-) (I had to slide that one in there) Anyhoo, learning to ride a horse properly is #1 on my life list. Clearly, my list is not prioritized.
So for the past couple of months, every weekend, I go for my horse riding lessons. Needless to say, not only am I proud of myself that after many failed attempts, I am now consistently riding BUT I think I feel a lifestyle change coming on.

I have also sparked a new interest in my male friends. I've inspired some of them to get on a horse and at least try it once. But I came to find out the hard way that sometimes their intentions aren't always "noble". I illustrate.

MF: Wow! You're getting really good out there!
MOT: (In utmost humility) Thanks, u know we try.
MF: So eemm... does it hurt when u bounce up and down like that?
MOT: At all
MF: U know I heard that when most women ride, they u know... (then they give me the raised eyebrows look with the SHEEPISH smile)
MOT: NAFF OFF!! (Roll my eyes and walk off)

This was the first time, the second dude that asked, I was prepared for. I just said to him. "Well if they do, then I must be doing something wrong!" and I got better! The next I said "Trust a horse to do what a man can't do" lol that answer has worked ever since.
First of all, let me dispell this rumor, I don't know about other women but I have NEVER eerm... derived pleasure from riding a horse lol Why do men automatically go into Beavis & Butthead mode when it comes to sex???

Then I get the kill joys that say to me "Clearly you've never heard of Christopher Reeves". To which I respond, "The fact that u can catch AIDS and die everytime you stick ur "John Thomas" (Sex & the City feens know about JT) where it doesn't belong hasn't stopped you from getting ur freak on so why should I stop?"
U gotta die sometime, it's not when you go, it's how you go.
Which reminds me, my MORBID friend & I had just arrived at the Polo Club a couple of weeks ago when we heard a puppy had just died :-( He got in the way of a hoof and got stamped to death. WE proceeded to make up what his headstone would read. We came up with "Here lies PUPPY... He came, he saw, he got in the way"; "Here lies PUPPY...CRUSHED" lol I know...

So far so good it's been an experience- save for my body hurting every weekend like someone body slammed me repeatedly like in those cartoons and Marcella (will have to put up a pic of her) almost throwing me off when I started using the whip ( B*tch!) lol I haven't regretted one moment of this.

For my fellow 'life listers', consider this, it's alot of fun!

No comments: