Wednesday, December 06, 2006

MY COUSIN ROCKS!!!

There are very few people in my life that when I think of; I smile. One of those people is my cousin.
She begged me not to blog about her but I am going to do it anyway cos I never listen and after the hour long conversation we had yesterday I just shook my head and thought “MY goodness, I hope every girl has someone like this in their lives”.
SO Suli-Sue a.k.a 'Mummy Baltimore' this one's for u! lol

My cousins & I have defective retail genes (it runs in the family)
Now this one particular cousin is my P.I.C and my Executive Director of Retail Affairs.
My cousin and I haven’t lived in the same city for over 10 years somehow we have remained each other’s consultants & supporters in everything including & most especially fashion & beauty matters. We’re each other’s 24 hour life/support line from “OH MY GOD! I need pink shoes” or “I’m feeling UGLY today” to "STOP CRYING! ARE U AN ODE?? SUCK IT UP! He's a bastard anyway! LOLLLL
I think we consult with each other 90% of the time, the other 10% we call immediately after the purchase. Even after my move, things haven’t changed. T-mobile & Glo love us!
I love my cousin because she’s never once judged one of my impulse/extravagant purchases.
She tolerates my whining and listens and makes me feel better about myself.
She cusses me out when I put myself down and tells me it’s not allowed in our family.
We SWEAR by everything in my family that we are of Brazillian descent because “SOME” of us have hair that proves it lol GOD help you if you try and dispute that or say “HMMM” in our presence.

We have conversations on both extremes of a very broad spectrum.
Serious things in life like religion & world poverty and then the most fickle of things like how we can get Apple to customize a laptop in certain colors and engrave it with our names and maybe someday there’ll be an Apple phone! (Aaah… if only wishes were horses)
I love my cousin because she celebrates everything and wants to make it special.
I love my cousin because she’s the only one I know that LV calls to invite to exclusive shopping events! The next one been tomorrow! (I’m sure there are a lot more of u out there but… this is about my ‘cuz’ NOT U)
I love my cousin because she hasn’t given up hope that someday LV will move it’s technical operations from France so that she can work for them… for the discount.
I love my cousin because even after my 25th attempt at a diet this year, she still forwards me work out routines from her personal trainer & goes over foods to eat and not to eat for the umpteenth time. She's got abs of steel & more discipline than anyone I know.
I love my cousin because of the way her voice sounds when she finds a new feature or software for Apple.
I remember her joy when she saw Beyonce wearing a dress she had worn months before & her celebrating with me when my “Choo” was on Oprah! (we have issues) lol

I love my cousin because her heart is open, she's one of the most spiritual people I know, and she prays for people she doesn't even know.
Somehow in all of this mess, we both have very challenging jobs with grueling schedules of over half a day which we somehow excel in (more her than me!)
My cousins are my biggest fans and will share my blog with their co-workers and anyone who cares to read. They even send out emails when I’ve updated!

Most of all I love my cousin because if I were not who I am, she would still love me the same and still loves me inspite of who I am.
So to my cousin, my sister, my best friend! U ROCK!!!
Much luv from Sisi EKO... lol

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy you have been updating your Blog!!! YEAHHHHH
lol, my crazy cousin u r too much I swear but I love you regardless!!! See you in a few days :)

Anonymous said...

i feel you love 4 mummy baltimore..i have a cousin exactly like that ...i mean exactly like the relationship u n ur cuz have..lets drink to many years of cousinship!
lol @ the brazzilian descent sturv

Queenb said...

Hell from what i've read I love your cousin too!