Tuesday, December 12, 2006

POURQUOI??? PARIS POURQUOI???


Unlike my fellow bloggers Tminx and Onada, I'm a bit of a dilettante when it comes to photography. I appreciate art and I love fashion photography but I couldn't tell you what focusing involves if I had a gun held to my head.
I'm the one who always reads the small print in magazines to see who shot the covers and I do the same for cds as well.
One of my all time favorite photogs is the almighty Mario Testino because his reputation precedes him. He's shot most of the classic VOGUE covers you've seen. Of recent, Mario's genius has become one that can clearly only be understood by himself alone. Which brings me to my beef of the week...
Now! I don't know who I'm supposed to blame for this since our darling Paris isn't exactly the brightest bulb on the shelf. Could it be the stylist? and why would Mario agree to photograph Paris's underboobs?
I'm sure this was the stylist's idea. To which our dear sis Paris (bless her echoing mind) responded "That's Hot!"
I mean WTF??? This is distasteful and if this was for shock value, it gave the desired effect but for all the wrong reasons.
I don't see why French VOGUE would need this to move copies.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You don't like it? Really? I do..Where are you hiding? lol

Tminx

MOT said...

Tminx baby! I think she looks good & its one of her best covers but the outfit is a bit out there! Then I realize that it's French VOGUE and they are more risque in Europe.
lol... been under my rock @ 21ctl hiding!