Thursday, January 18, 2007

LIFE LIST #1 Update ♞



Life List # 1 – Learn to ride horses.
Unfortunately this will be put on hold for a while as Marcella passed away last weekend. There is a virus going around the Lagos Polo Club. So many horses have died. They say it’s a fly carrying around a vector and once it bites the horses, they’re goners. They get symptoms like colic, start to foam at the mouth and then just die.
The horses were vaccinated the week before and we had all thought they dodged the bullet but clearly none of them are responding to treatment. This is really sad ☹
The Polo tournament in Lagos has been cancelled this year.

I’m sad and all but I have to share this. Since I’d heard about the virus 2 weeks ago, I have found myself subconciously reactivating my Ikoyi Hotel Suya membership.
I mean let’s be real, there’s a lot of dead meat lying around the Polo club and in these S.A.P-ish times I don’t put anything past anyone. Is it not beef + special sauce?
I mean I love Marcella and all but when I said a part of her will always be with me, I didn’t mean literally in my digestive system…. lol
R.I.P. Marcella… I hope you’re in a better place where there are no more whips and the hay is always fresh, with lots of sugar, apples and barley (isn’t that what they used to feed the horses in all those Enid Blyton books)
I am such a drama queen! Lol

P.S. I know everyone remembers S.A.P from the 80’s (Was it the Babangida regime?) Structural Adjustment Program. ROITE! Indeed! We’re still waiting including EDUCATION FOR ALL BY THE YEAR 2000 ( I remember that campaign as well)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Join us, come with us
we are on our way
education for all
by the year 2000!

that's the song for the year 2000 campaign.
Notice how they always shift the dates by ten years, first vision 2010 and then millenium development goals! Like we're fools.

Onada - Fashion and Photography said...

You are back mo!!! i have to get up to speed on your blog....

MOT said...

@ anon yup truly funny... all the agendas we have and never follow through on.
@ Onada yup! So if I can do it, so can u.. get to typing girl!