Tuesday, July 12, 2005

R.KELLY- TRAPPED IN THE SONG??

Ok so I am a sista who’s down for the cause. Go Black Brothers! Do your thing! Stay out of jail! Go to college! Raise our kids! Down with baby mama drama! GOOD? OK!
I have loved R. Kelly since the first day I saw him ‘Bumpin & Grindin’ (you know the video) I don’t think what I was feeling back then was natural for a young; pre-pubescent Christian girl (ahem!) I could have sworn up and down that R. Kelly and I were meant to be together. It was kismet… that was then.
This is now… I have a couple of bones to pick with Robert. I know the brotha’s trying to stash away some change just in case he needs to go away for a while but what is up with making 4 songs out of the same song. ‘R’ just put a whole new twist on recycling music.

Has anyone not noticed that “Step in the name of Love”; “Step in the name of Love- the remix”; ‘Happy People’ and very recently 2 new songs I heard on the radio a couple of days ago are ALL the same SONG? Same track laced with different lyrics. I mean talk about getting your money’s worth!
When ‘Happy People’ was released, I thought to myself “Ok this will be the last one, he can’t fool these people forever” but noooo apparently I give people way too much credit. People are still bumping to these songs like “Uuuh that’s R .Kelly’s new joint!” New joint? You’ve heard this song 3 times already!


Don’t get me wrong. I love R. Kelly and until I was opportune to meet my current baby daddy Boris Kodjoe (more to come on “our” relationship), R. Kelly was definitely the father of my kids… well I did have my eyes on a few others, Will, Morris, Shemar, Blair, Michael Ealy, Adam Rodriguez(cutie from CSI: Miami)… ok so I digress. Excuse me a sec while I wipe the drool off my keyboard. I’ll be sure to share my “Baby Daddy list a.k.a my list of “Men who can tap that” (whaat??)


Anyway I was there jammin’ when ‘Twelve Play’ was released and I will be getting a copy of TP3:Reloaded and I promise to get a real copy this time of course after I sample the one I buy in traffic on the bridge (We all know Nigeria is Bootleg Central)
In the meantime… R! Babey! You are a powerhouse with an infinite reservoir of talent, you’re going to do for R&B what Tupac did for hip-hop. You may leave us but your works will outlive you so lay off on the 4 song minimum on a track…
And if things with Boris don’t work out… I’ll give u a call ;-)

1 comment:

Don Chi as Blog Marley a.k.a. El Senor Supremo said...

What did Pac do for hip hop? According to you, I mean. On to Kelz. Happy People (Disc 1 of his 2nd double CD) features 11 remixes of Step In The Name of Love. And I am pissed off again because we all still bought into his "ojoro" AGAIN!!! He's been doing it for years! Which is why "Pied Piper" is such a fitting name. WE ALL FOLLOW WHENEVER HE PLAYS A TUNE!